Sunday, June 28, 2009

Student Philiosoph

On the west side of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, where half of the windows are busted and people are getting wicked everyday. I am a person who had a very short childhood because of taking on the responsibilities of my grandmother. Being raised where I am from, you was either going to make it or be one of those who gave up and used drugs for an excuse of why they are the way they are. At the age of 15 years old, my grandmother started to get sick and nobody was around to help her, and I was doing nothing but running the streets anyway. So I left my mother to stay with my grandmother. Another reason I left my mother was because I was living an unsuccessful lifestyle. I started helping with small things like washing dishes and cleaning the bathroom every other day. I started off with small things because my grandmother is a person that likes to be independent and I did not want her to be uncomfortable. After time progressed, I started doing better in life and in school. My mother wanted me to come back because she had nobody to cook and clean, while we were out doing whatever. I told her my grandmother needed you, the family, and me at this trying time in life and since you all are out for ourselves, but I am going to take care of her. My mother hated that because it is true. At the age of 16-17, I got a job and told my grandmother just pay for medicine and I will pay the light, water, and cable bill. In the summer, I would get a second job and go half on the bills that was left. At the age of 17 is when I really found my love for the game of basketball because I am in another world on the court and it’s a way I release stress and have fun. When I graduated, I realized that I did not do it for myself, but I did it to make my grandmother happy. I always thought I was going to be dead at the age of 15.I never saw myself in college because I am not a school person, but it is the only way my grandmother is going to live a peaceful life is through me. I say that because my grandmother is a nice person and some people try to take advantage of her, but I am not going let people do that to her. I am the person that tell everybody no and do not let people control her niceness; I am the person that makes her happy. My view of life is different because I am living for my grandmother. My life starts when her life ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment