Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Weekly Refection
Waking up 9:30 was not something I had in mind. I was almost late for breakfast, but as if I was on time. After I ate breakfast, Poker took me to Wal-Mart. I went o pick up my medicine. When I arrived back at Concordia College-Selma, I got on the bus to go to the Perry County Correctional Center. When I got to Perry County Correctional Center, there was a voice that said “take everything out of your pockets and leave them on the bus.” In the Perry County Correctional Center there were a lot of different things to learn from in the jail. I got to learn about how men got raped and are scared to say anything because the other inmates would kill them. I learn that over half of being locked down, for example one inmate starts to defecate and painted it upon the walls, 90% of the inmates who use their own feces to paint alls, eat it after they are done. When the inmates do that, the guards have to put them into a cell because the cleaning crew has to clean the mess up. The cleaning crew has to clean because if they do not other people could catch diseases. When the convicts get their free time, they have to be out in the hot sun on concrete with very little shade. When I arrived back to Concordia, I founded a student that did not attend the trip. The reason he did not attend the trip is because the student went fishing with one of the upper bound councilors. I see the student and the councilor together very often on our free time; I knew something was going on because the student and the councilor were flirting too much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment