Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Prison

Saturday was an eye opening experience for me. I visited the Perry County Correctional Facility in Marion, Al and got a first hand experience of what a prisoners
Everyday routine is like. From what I gained it’s not too different from the ABC program. Prison would take a major toll on my mind psychologically as well as physically considering the food rations they receive. Once you are incarcerated in a system you have no say so over your life from that point. With twenty-four hour surveillance and no freedom is not a way to live. The only way to maintain is by doing something constructive such as: lifting weights, working out, working in the kitchen or laundry room being a trustee, writing, reading, shooting basketball, or staying in your dorm. Seeing something like this first hand made me really think of the things I may have been taking for granted everyday, and ways to take more advantage of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment